Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stalking Evil Glenn Reynolds...

I'd received my Top Secret orders last week that the Evil Genius Glenn "The Puppy Blender" Reynolds was headed for the Florida Gulf Coast. So...

I gathered all my family together and we hopped in the Mystery Machine to get hot on his trail. Got to say that he's one slippery fella. That and the intelligence I was given wasn't exactly accurate. While Evil Glenn was busy mixing his Puppy Hurricanes in Apalachicola, we'd taken a wrong turn in Albuquerque and ended up in the Rosemary Beach area of the Floridian Gulf Coast.

Well, we ran out of petty cash, and our monopoly money is not legal tender down here, so we'll just stick around until gas prices drop and my real world, er... business cover story comes through with a paycheck.

I don't know what he's talking about with blown over deck chairs via Alberto. We've had some gnarly waves, smelly undertow jam and Aunt Alberta fell out of her deck chair while drowning in a hurricane cocktail. Other than that, things have been awfully peachy on the gulf coast.

Well, except for the local fuzz threatening my underage niece with capital punishment for dipping her tootsies in the surf. Apparently, it's against the law to let the chillun get wet when there are two red flags flying. A little overkill in my opinion. When they were long gone, we broke out the soap and had our yearly baptism and bath, despite the riptide.

Really a beautiful day here as Alberta seems to be giving Florida a left hook to the Tampa coast. Wish I had better wireless access via my lean-to on the beach. The water tower mounted wireless node (courtesy of City Net Hot Zone) at 30A and US98 doesn't quite reach me under my crowded palm tree. Had to check out Shade's restaurant and bar at the same intersection to check my email and such earlier. I nice local addition if I do say so myself. Looking forward to getting down there later to grab a beer, watch some World Cup games and take advantage of their free wireless access.

Well, the ribs are almost done. Time to go stoke the fire one last time. Cya later.