Sunday, August 20, 2006

Doo Doo Dolls

Sitting in the parking lot of an increasingly dissappointing Einstein's Bagel shop (there's a Publix grocery store across the street and they seem incapable of providing two popular sugar substitues for almost a week) and overhear the DJ mention a song by the Goo-Goo Dolls.

Princess Loquacious speaks up and asks, "Doo Doo Dolls?"

I correct her and explain that the rock-n-roll band, like many choose to do, picked a silly name to be different and stand out against a overwhelming list of musical offerings.

"Are they real?" I'm asked. . .

"Whaddaya mean are they real? Are what real?"

The wise and observant princess recognizes the need to clarify for her ignorant subject what she means, "Doo Doo Dolls? You know, the ones that make you do bad things?"

Hmmm... A light bulb sputters on in my foggy brain.

"VOO DOO DOLLS?"

Hahaha. "Yes dear, they are real. But I've never seen one work."

Anyone know where I can find one that will make my kids clean their rooms? Eat their veggies?