Friday, July 21, 2006

Flyboys

The Mrs gave me Flyboys to read this summer. I love history. Cut my teeth on anything and everything related to WWII.

Very disappointed with they way the first three chapters start off. Basically how the United States is responsible for how the Japanese devolved from a peacefully rigid society into the honorable, barbaric one of the 1930-40's.

Now that I'm (hopefully) through the national psych study, I hope it'll rapidly move on to the actual events the book portends to relate. The formerly classified story surrounding eight forgotten WWII pilots (and a ninth who later became president) in their attacks on Ichi Jima in support of the Iwo Jima campaign.

Well, glancing back at the table of contents, I see it may take at least another chapter to get to the meat of the story.