Friday, September 23, 2005

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...

Yeah right. My bumper stopped them cold.

I found out the hard way that this 'motto' is not part of the US Postal Service mentality.

Not long ago, I had an ornery post 'person' that refused to deliver my mail. My driveway at the road is at the top of a hill. Often times I park on said hill and that means my bumper protrudes into the court we live on. This postal worker found it such a major inconvenience that our mail stopped being delivered.

Only on days when we weren't there or had parked the car in the garage overnight did we receive our mail.

Amazing. In some neighborhoods, they still deliver the mail on foot. Yet they can't be bothered to go one step further in serving their paying public.

The problem has long since been resolved. But it definitely reinforced my perception of government union stereotypes.