Thursday, August 30, 2007

You Know You've Got a Good League Admin When

I'm a volunteer sports coach. I pick practice times that are reasonable and fit my schedule. Have a parent on my team that complained about one of my practice times. I explained that that's when they were assigned to me and that after gauging the rest of the team's ability to make practice, I'd look into it. Unbeknownst to me, ConcernedMom complained to the League Admin that I wouldn't alter the schedule to suit her.

Admin says, "How forward of you to ask that the volunteer coach, using his personal time, change his practice times to fit your schedule."
ConcernedMom - light dawning - "Oh. Yeah. You're right."

I do have to say, I didn't get much complaining from her, just her question about practice times. She was nice to me, but I did have to giggle a bit when the Admin relayed the rest of the story to me.

Got a gem of an Admin on my side.

Likely the child will be transferred to a new team which better fits their schedule. Everyone is happy. =)