Thursday, August 23, 2007

"The Moon is Made of Cheese" and Other Stories I've Told My Children"

One of our running jokes in the family is that the moon is indeed made of cheese. In fact, our friends, when we tell them to explain to our children what the moon is made of, unanimously insist it is made of cheese. Despite what our kid's teachers are telling them.

Other stories?

The tooth fairy heard that a penny is worth 1.7 times it's government regulated value and when she flew to our house last night carrying the bags of pennies, got a hernia and couldn't finish the mission. (Actually, it costs about 1.7 cents to produce each penny)

Parents have eyes in the back of their head.

If you kiss your elbow tip, you can fly (or turn into a boy).

Put your coat on. You'r mother is cold.

I lost my hair because as a boy, I liked to ride with my head out the car window.

Before the year 2000, the world was in black and white.

When I attended school, we only had one option for lunch, gruel. And no chocolate milk.

Chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

Mommy and daddy don't pass gas.

You can date when your thirty.

...More sure to follow...